After spending the morning at the Grand Canyon, we were back on the road by noon. The sun was shining and the landscape was beautiful.
This rocky terrain reminded me of some sandcastles my sisters and I used to make. We would take the really wet sand and sort of drizzle it over the castle to give it some really cool texture. I remember having tons of fun with it - maybe God had fun doing the same thing when he made this part of Arizona!
Traveling through the Sierra Nevada Mountains, counting down the miles to Kingman, Arizona...
The first In N' Out along the way! We mapped it out before we even left Texas.
The girls just had grilled cheese - hopefully soon, they will enjoy the burgers as much as Dominic and I do.
Since our first trip together to LA in November 2005, Dominic has insisted on stopping at In N' Out as soon as we get off the plane. It's one of the things he missed the most about California. At first, I didn't much care for it. The fries were cold before I got to them, and the burgers were just too messy. After 5 years though, I've finally got it figured out. I eat the fries first so they don't get cold, and I like my cheeseburger with just the grilled onions and spread. It has become one of my favorite burger places too!
Dominic likes his "animal style" and all messy! It was so worth the little extra wait for lunch that day!
After lunch, we still had a long drive to Pasadena ahead of us. I took lots of pictures, but this one really stuck out. What a beautiful country we live in!
We crossed the Colorado River, entered into the Pacific Time Zone, and into California around 3:00. We were skipping through Dom's ipod, and listening to Arrested Development - Everyday People.
This last few hours of the trip seemed the longest for Audrey. We had to stop a few extra times to just get out of the car and stretch our legs. After one quick rest stop, we passed through part of the Mojave Desert that had snow on the sand!
There was no rain, but another sign of God's amazing love was a hint of a rainbow in the clouds.
We were driving through the San Bernadino Mountains at sunset.
Finally! We arrived in Pasadena at Dominic's Dad's house around 7:00. It was so great to see everyone, especially because we hadn't seen them since last Christmas! We had dinner and just relaxed for a while. Uncle Richard came by to say hi too.
Auntie Nessa holding Audrey. We were all pretty beat.
The girls with Uncle Brian and Auntie Nessa. Eliza was so happy, and excited to have a sleepover at their house!
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!