Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kindergarten!

Well, the day has come - Eliza woke up this morning and said, "It's time for my first day of school!" with so much excitement.  We have been talking about Kindergarten a lot, and getting her ready.  She has been most excited to go to school and do the monkey bars all by herself - hopefully I don't get a phone call that she's broken her arm at recess on the first day!  She has decided that being 5 years old, and going to Kindergarten magically changes things around here.  For example, "5 year olds don't need to stand on the stool in the bathroom to brush their teeth anymore."  and "I never cry when you brush my hair anymore, because I'm 5 years old."

It was raining outside this morning, so we took some pictures on the porch before heading to the car.

kindergarten 003

Eliza wrote her name so we can see how her handwriting has changed each year on the first day of school.

kindergarten 014

Excited to show off her first day of school outfit!

kindergarten 017

Ready to go.

kindergarten 024

Mrs. Goforth

kindergarten 025


Checking out one of the books on the table, no worries about Mommy and Audrey leaving at all.
Audrey and I went to the auditorium for Coffee with the Principal.  We listened to the principal welcome us all to the new school year, and let us know that we (the parents) will have lots of homework for the first week.  Can't believe how fast this morning went, no time for tears.  I know Eliza will do so great, and I can't wait to hear all about her first day!

2 comments:

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!