Friday, November 4, 2011

Fancy Tea Party

A few days ago, we went to the park for some pictures with our friend Sarah of sarahmeghanleephotography.com

Eliza and Audrey were super excited to have a picnic and use the fancy glass teacups I recently bought for them.  They also got to wear special dresses!  Eliza wore the same dress she wore at our wedding, and Audrey wore the dress I wore in my Aunt Candy's wedding when I was around 2 years old.  My mom made both dresses, which makes them all the more special.  They got all dressed up, we packed up our picnic, and headed over to the park.  It was a small park in North Park (a neighborhood of San Diego), but it seemed like we were somewhere far away from the city.  We laid out our picnic blanket under a pretty tree, and carefully unpacked our teacups and saucers.  We also brought along some books, dolls, and stuffed animals.

Picnic under the tree
Happy to get started
Cheers!
Chocolate chip muffins and tea (aka apple juice)
Eliza was excited to look at the books, Audrey found an apple in the basket
Eliza showing Audrey the pictures in The Wizard of Oz
Audrey humoring Eliza by looking at the book for a minute
Eliza
Back to the muffins
We had so much fun! I just love all of these!
even when they're not looking, and more interested in the muffins
Sisterly love!
It was a great morning!  The girls had fun, and enjoyed being all dressed up and "posing" for pictures.  Eliza talked Sarah into reading them The Wizard of Oz when we were finished, then they ran around in the grass for a while before we headed back home. 

Thanks so much Sarah for taking such beautiful pictures for me!!!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I wish you guys were still here... all of Eliza & Audrey's old pals are old enough to LOVE tea parties. We've been having quite a few. We miss you guys, and speak of you often.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!