Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011

I am so thankful that we were able to travel to Ohio, to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with my family.  My mom makes it so special every year, and this year topped them all.  Eliza got to help her make gingerbread cookies, which she wrapped and placed on each of the kids' plates for their place cards.  Mom also went out of her way to make quite a few gluten free dishes for my Grandma.  The rice stuffing was delicious, as well as all the different kinds of muffins.  She made homemade pies too!  Of course my dad did an awesome job as usual on the turkey and potatoes.


Papa and Grandma


Eliza and Audrey with Great Papa and Great Nana


Eliza, Audrey, Sage, Isabella and Lloyd with Great Papa and Great Nana.


Kyrie enjoying her Thanksgiving feast.



The kids all got these adorable turkeys for their dinner.  My girls both had peanut butter and jelly in theirs, but I think Lloyd and Izzy at least had some of the turkey.  Maybe next year for the rest of them...


I think Eliza's favorite part of visiting Nana and Papa's house is the tire swing.  We have pictures of her on it even as a baby, and probably every time we visit.  The kids were even on it at our wedding (which was at my parent's house).


Audrey hanging out with Nana and Papa - this must have been the only time Mom got to sit down.


My mom also found this great craft for the kids to do - melting crayons through the hot glue gun to make turkeys.  Amanda did the part with the glue gun.


Mom helped the kids finish them later though.


Audrey and Eliza both love crafts so much, so they were happy to put the eyes, and beak on theirs.  They turned out so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you are catching up on your blog too. I'm finally all caught up too! I love the little turkey sandwiches - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!