We went to Aztec Park in La Mesa this morning. The weather was beautiful and the girls and I were all happy to be out of the house. We had been stuck inside with some colds and tummy aches for a couple days. Thankfully, everyone felt better when we woke up this morning. The park was so nice. There were two separate areas of the playground for the little kids and big kids, but they were close enough for me to watch both girls. There were also some swings, lots of big open grassy areas, and a nice large picnic area. Maybe next time, I won't be in such a rush to just get out of the house, that I'll pack a lunch.
Audrey tried to climb up this part of the "big kid" playground. Luckily she hasn't got it quite figured out. She climbs over each bar instead of standing on them, then turns around when she can't go any further.
Eliza is really starting to get some air when she goes down the slides. She has learned to hold onto the bar above and propel herself downwards.
Since I never know whether Audrey will like the slides and swings on any given day, we took some toys with us. The girls had fun racing the little bug-shaped cars down the slides. Sometimes Audrey went down the slide to get hers, and sometimes she climbed all the way back down the way she had gone up.
Eliza and I played some Hide and Seek. She is getting better at finding different hiding places, instead of always hiding where I had just hidden.
When we got tired of the playground and Hide and Seek, we started to explore the open areas. Eliza found the first dandelion and made a wish. "I wish, I wish... that Daddy was here forever!"
When we found more, Eliza showed Audrey how to blow the seeds off.
If you're thinking that she probably got some in her mouth, you're absolutely right!
She had fun anyway.
Audrey crawling around in the grass looking for more dandelions.
Eliza was excited to find a yellow one.
Then she thought it would be fun to go rolling down the hill. It wasn't a very steep hill, but she was loving it. She even got another little boy to try it, and of course Audrey too.
Audrey couldn't keep up with Eliza, so she kept getting up and running after her. Then she'd lay back down and try again.
The girls had so much fun! I was happy to snap lots of pictures and just get some fresh air. When the time came for lunch, we reluctantly got back in the car to head home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!