There is so much in my life to be thankful for - God's amazing presence in our lives, my family, our new house, Dom's business, and so much more. This time of year always reminds me to stop and think about these things, though as I grow in my relationship with God, I find myself stopping to thank Him for all the little things much more throughout the whole year. I guess Thanksgiving is more of a time to share what I am thankful for instead of keeping it between myself and God. So, in the spirit of the holiday, I would like to share a few of the little things that I thank God for everyday - My girls' precious smiles, hugs, and kisses, the pure joy I feel when I gaze upon their faces - especially when they are sound asleep. I am thankful for the love that is so deep between Dominic and I that it is simply indescribable. I am thankful for my parents and grandparents, my sisters, brother in laws, nieces and nephew. I am thankful for the relationships I have with Dominic's parents, brothers and sister.
This year, we celebrated Thanksgiving day at Dominic's Dad's house. We drove up to LA - normally a 2 hour drive, that took us 3 1/2 - in the afternoon. Since Dominic had brought some guys to work in his office here, from Texas, we invited them to join us as well. We went to the park to play some football and let the girls play on the playground before dinner.
Eliza wanted to play football too.
Audrey walking over to the football game.
Dominic, Rick, Richard, Vanessa, Brian and Tim along with the 4 guys from the office.
A brief time out when the girls decided to go give Daddy some hugs.
After dinner, the girls turned some music on and danced.
Eliza was teaching Uncle Richard how to dance "the right way."
She was loving it! Especially when he dipped her.
When Uncle Richard got tired, Eliza got Abuelo to dance with her, and he was spinning her.
Audrey petting Jedi
My beautiful girls.
Abuelo and Eliza
I actually remembered to have Dom take a picture with me in it!
It was a great day! The turkey, ham and all the sides were delicious! I didn't save much room for dessert, but of course tried some pie later in the evening. One of Gloria's sisters made an amazing pie with crushed kit kats - Mmmmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!