Eliza was so excited to play in the snow from the minute we stepped off the plane. She didn't understand how cold and wet the snow actually was though. The first morning in Ohio, she went outside when we were getting ready to leave and immediately walked over into a snow bank that was up to her butt! She was of course not dressed to play outside since she was only wearing tights and dress shoes. She wasn't out in it for more than a few seconds when I walked out and pulled her out. I ran in to get a towel to wipe her off, and as I'm heading back out, I heard my mom telling her to get out of the snow again! Silly girl.
So, FINALLY, on Monday the 27th we went outside to have some fun. My friend Joy came over to play too. Eliza really wanted to build a snowman, but the snow was too dry for that. We couldn't even make a snowball!
So she started with a Snow Angel instead.
She's in there somewhere! She had her eyes closed because she didn't like the falling snow to go in them.
Her finished angel.
By this time Audrey hadn't made it out of the driveway. She stopped at the edge where there was a big bank. She didn't like walking in the snow the whole time we were there actually, so we had to carry her.
Joy pushed Eliza on the tire swing. The bank of snow on the edge of the driveway came up to her feet when she swung into it.
Since Audrey was still standing in the same spot we set her down, Joy decided to show her how to pick up the snow and throw it into the air...
she had fun picking it up and then just brushing her hands together like she was washing them.
Eliza was a fan of throwing the snow into the air though.
Joy took a quick picture of the girls and I, then I put the camera back in the house to keep it dry. I grabbed the sled on the way back out, and we did a little sledding on the "big" hill in my parents' yard. I say "big" because it seemed so much bigger when I used to sled down it as a kid. I'm sure it was big enough for Eliza at least! It was so fun to get out there and see her laughing and smiling.
Audrey - "It's cold outside." So we went back in.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!