Monday, September 27, 2010

Battle of the Worship Bands

Under the official definitions of "church home" and "church family" I am sure that you would find St. Andrews United Methodist Church in Arlington. I have been truly blessed to be a part of the St. Andrew's family for the last few years. I have made some long lasting friendships, and found my own personal relationship with God through the bible studies I've been involved in at church. It truly is a home and family to my little family. Eliza and Audrey are both excited the minute we drive up, and full of excitement and stories as we leave each Sunday (or Thursday, or any other day we happen to be up there).

So it was no surprise when our church family reached out to one of our own in a serious time of need. Sunday September 26th, at 5pm we went back up to the church to support the Allen family. Todd's hospital stay has been long and costly, both financially and emotionally. Battle of the Worship Bands was a night to benefit the Allen's with our offerings, wonderful worship music and presence. The turnout was awesome, as people came from all around the Arlington, Mansfield, Grand Prairie areas and even as far as Stephenville and Graham.


The girls and I enjoying the music.



Pastor Clifton's nephew playing the saxophone.


Members of the praise team in Stephenville.


Audrey was dancing in the aisle during one of the songs!


Pastor Clifton Howard


Audrey and Daddy clapping to the beat.


Eliza and Daddy during the last few songs.

At the end of the night, there was a silent auction of homemade baked goods. Tables and tables full that people had donated to help the Allen family as well. God's awesome presence was spilling out every window and door at St. Andrews last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!