
Saturday September 25th I took the girls and we met up with friends to walk in the National Ovarian Cancer Walk in Grapevine, Texas. Our friend Johanna lost her mother to Ovarian Cancer when she was younger, so we all came out to help her honor the memory of her mom. The walk helped to raise money and awareness, and however small it is in the big scheme of things, I feel that it is a way to make a difference in the world. Another significant part of the event, was that everyone on the team showed up to walk (or run) despite the fact that we knew we were going to get rained on. I'm not talking just a light drizzle either - I mean torrential downpour type rain. We were lucky that it held off until after the second mile marker, but despite the umbrellas, we got soaked all the way through.
Megan, Eliza and Audrey were happy to see each other and be out of the strollers before the walk began.
Best buds.
Audrey

Getting ready to start.
The rain was holding off when we started the walk.
Pouring towards the end.
Audrey was in the front of our Sit n' Stand stroller, so the umbrella didn't quite cover her when the rain really started. My poor girl was totally drenched. She was crying for a small portion of the walk, but when I gave up and just put the umbrella down, she was actually happier. I think she just didn't like the way the water was running off of the umbrella directly onto her. We walked across the finish line with Nicole, Megan and Katie, then headed straight to our car to get dried off and change clothes. Johanna and Adam were so nice to have us all over to Lazy Bones (their restaurant) for breakfast afterwards. It was the perfect, yummy way to warm up and spend time with our friends before heading home.



No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!