My plan is to leave the pacifier at the house all the time so she doesn't need it when we are out. Then I will work up to leaving it in the crib all the time so she only needs it at nap/bed time. Eliza did this on her own, so I never had to think about it so thoroughly.
Day 7. (9/17/10) We've had a few hard days leaving the pacifier on the counter and saying bye bye. For the most part she does fine though. However, today was awesome! She came over to me in the kitchen while I was getting my stuff together to head out the door, and she took the pacifier out of her mouth and handed it to me saying "bye bye." Then she went out and got in the car and did great, even without her blanket and we were out about 20 minutes past her bedtime.
Day 10. (9/20/10) This morning she was ready to go and gave me the pacifier to put up again! In the evening when we were headed out for dinner, she didn't want to give it up though. She kept running away from me when I tried to take it. When I finally got it and we said "bye bye," she was totally fine though, she just took her sippy cup.
Day 12. (9/22/10) Audrey woke up in the middle of the night a handful of times last night for reasons I can't figure out, then she wanted up an hour earlier than usual at 6:30 this morning. We are going to Fort Worth to ride the miniature train and I think I will have to take the pacifier to keep my sanity... We'll see how it goes.
Actually, she ended up taking an hour nap from 9 to 10 before we left the house. I had to wake her up so we could leave, but after a few minutes of waking up, she handed me her pacifier to put on the counter as usual. She has trouble sleeping in the car without it, and just stayed awake all the way home from the zoo even though she was exhausted. She took a nap for 2 hours when we got home.
This has been much easier than I thought. On to the next phase soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!