We were watching Horton Hears a Who last night, and there's a part where Horton says, "Come on guys, we're all mammals here." Eliza looked at Audrey and said, "Did you know we are mammals?" To which of course Audrey knowingly replied "Yes."
Then Eliza started telling her how all mammals have hair, and that's why we are mammals. Proud Mama moment for me - and then:
Eliza: "People who don't have any hair aren't mammals though."
Me: "What about Uncle Richard?"
Eliza laughing: "No, he's bald! He's not a mammal."
Of course Dominic and I went on to explain that all humans are mammals and bring up the point that Uncle Richard does have hair on his face... etc, etc.
Naming our new fish:
Eliza: "Its a girl so her name is Lisa"
Me: "Its actually a boy, so lets think of a boy name"
Eliza: "I know one! How about Farmer Brown?"
Me: "Audrey what do you want to name him?"
Audrey: "Umm, Mommy"
Eliza: "No, that's a girl name Audrey! How about Daddy, that's a boy name"
Audrey: "Fishwin"
Eliza: "Papa!"
Me: "Popeye?"
Eliza: "There's a commercial about him! He's funny."
Audrey: "Picture?"
Eliza: "I know, Dopey! He doesn't even talk and our fish doesn't talk, so that's the perfect name!"
Audrey: "Yeah! Dopey"
| Dopey it is - though I was kind of partial to Fishwin heehee |
I have now read this blog and I am confused, But I think you should take time, every day to be confused.
ReplyDeleteLove Dad