My niece Isabella is in second grade this year. Her class in Ohio, read the book Flat Stanley, written by Jeff Brown, and had a project to make themselves "flat" and travel by mail to friends and family around the world. So this week, we spent some time showing Flat Izzy around San Diego. Being a history lover, I had to take her to some of the popular historical sites, so we started at the Cabrillo National Monument at Point Loma.
We asked another visitor to take our picture at the Old Point Loma Lighthouse.
After exploring around the lighthouse, we went down to check out the tidepools, and Dominic took Flat Izzy way out on one of the cliffs above the Pacific Ocean.
After school on Wednesday, the girls and I took her to the zoo.
Of course, she had to see the Giant Pandas!
Eliza and Audrey were happy to show her one of their favorite places in the Children's Zoo, even though it has nothing to do with animals.
They took Flat Izzy into the petting zoo to see some goats and sheep too.
Thursday morning, Audrey and I took Flat Izzy to the beach on Coronado at the famous Hotel Del Coronado.
Flat Izzy got to play in the sand with Audrey (she's in the truck).
We had so much fun with Flat Izzy, but can't wait to show the real Izzy around - and of course the rest of the family too! I hope that Eliza's school does Flat Stanley so we can mail her to friends and family in a couple years, we have Flat Sage to look forward to as well.
Dibs on showing Flat Eliza around Arlington, San Antonio, or the metroplex. Don't worry - I'll share with everyone else! :)
ReplyDelete