Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 33

School is still going really well for Eliza.  She is a little social butterfly, always talking about new friends.  She has started doing the Mileage Club in the mornings everyday.  Before school, the kids can walk laps around the field behind the school.  4 laps is equal to 1 mile.  After each lap, they get their card stamped, and after 20 laps (5 miles), they get a charm.  She calls it the "running club", because her and her friends all run the whole time.  She is doing 2 or 3 laps each day, depending mostly on how early we get to school.  Its such a great way to get the kids awake and ready for their day.


Last week Eliza came home from school and told us she had a boyfriend!  Aaahhhh!  We were surprisingly calm, and asked her who he was.  Ryan lives a few blocks away, and is in one of the other Kindergarten classes at her school.  Dominic asked her what makes him her boyfriend.  She said, "because I say hi to him and I like him."  I asked her if he knows that he is her boyfriend, to which she said "no."
So alright, no big deal.  


With "Panda" on her 33rd day of school

Then Monday, she came home and I got a little glimpse of seeing her broken-hearted...
She said that one of her friends told Ryan that she wanted him to be her boyfriend.  He said that he already has a girlfriend.  I was trying to think of something to say that would be consoling, and let her know that she doesn't need a boyfriend, when she says, "So I'm just going to marry Hansen."
Oh my goodness.  I can't believe this is going on in Kindergarten!

Today, Eliza got to have Popcorn with the Principal.  It is a privilege for a couple students each Friday.  Eliza was picked for being a good listener.  I'm so proud!  She also got to bring home the class Panda for the weekend.  She has a journal that goes with him.  Each student gets to take him home once for a weekend, and the assignment is for them to draw a picture and write a little about what they did together.  She's so excited!

October Word List


I
go
at
me
the
and
is
we
to

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!