Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Dallas Arboretum

We went to the Dallas Arboretum on Monday August 30th. In honor of the start of college football season this week, the girls wore their new custom made USC outfits. They looked so adorable! It was basically one big photo shoot, but the girls had fun running around. We hadn't been there before, so it was new to all of us.

 

My favorite pictures from the day were in these plants that just happened to match the girls' outfits.


Audrey laughing


They were running all over the place when we first arrived, so this was a nice moment when they were watching a little waterfall below them.


Eliza was hoping she could fly I think.


Our friend Casey took this one of Audrey while we were in Peter Rabbit's Flower Village. She had been crying just before because a bee crawled down her shirt collar and I basically threw her to the ground to get it out.


Mr. MacGregor's Garden was so cute with a little cottage. Grayden, Camden and Eliza were reading the storybook telling about the garden.


Camden, Audrey, Eliza, Audrey and Grayden


The pathway up to the cottage was lined with pretty flowers on each side, perfect setting for these candid shots.


Running across the lawn.

 

Anything with fountains or waterfalls always captivates the girls. These waterfalls seemed to fall from the sky and the girls loved them.


Possibly the biggest lily pads I've ever seen. Eliza liked them too!


This little fountain had a stream of water that trickled down over the ridges all around. The pink petals were everywhere from the trees above.

 

More pink petals made a picture perfect scene no matter which end you stood on!


We had lunch and splashed in this fountain for a while. There were four giant frogs on the corners and the water shot into the center where it pooled enough to splash around in. It was the perfect way to cool off without getting soaked.

 

I'm sure these steps must be in lots and lots of bridal pictures and you can see why. I was going to skip them, but we ran across the field to take pictures there. I was so happy that I did.



Just before we headed for home, we crossed a bridge that had Koi swimming underneath. There was a path to go down and get a closer look, so we did. We took lots of pictures, but the girls were mostly too busy watching the fish to smile for the camera. When we were getting ready to head back up the path, the sprinklers came on all around. It was like a fog coming from under the bridge and among all the trees and plants around the water. Very cool.

It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!