Thursday, August 12, 2010

Patriotic Handprints

In July, the girls and I went to the park with some friends to make eagles with our handprints. I took some canvases with us, and the girls each did one. Their hands were the eagles' wings and tail, and then we had to paint the head on separately. At the top we wrote "Thank You" and signed the girls' names on the bottom. We sent Audrey's to a friend who leaves for Afghanistan soon. Eliza's went to Uncle Patrick who has served two tours of duty overseas, and is currently home in Ohio starting his family with Aunt Matilda.



Uncle Patrick with the girls when he opened his.


Eliza with her finished product.



Audrey knew it was her handprints, and wouldn't keep her hands off to show it off...


but of course I took a picture of the canvases together so I would always have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!