We ventured out to the San Diego Botanic Gardens again today with our friends Laurie, Dylan and Wyatt. The insect festival taking place, made it well worth the drive and the cost of admission. We started by exploring the gardens, playing in the Hamilton Children's garden, and stopping for snacks and pictures all along the way.
Eliza, Audrey, Wyatt, and Dylan
They were all happy to see each other, especially since the boys had been out of town for nearly 2 weeks.
We saw some huge, creepy, crawling bugs!
The girls even got to hold some, like the silkworm moth and the ironclad beetle.
They held the live mealworms, and laughed as they moved around, tickling their hands.
I tasted one of the cooked mealworms - seasoned with Old Bay Spice. Don't think I could brave the plain ones.
Eliza and Audrey were both happy to paint butterflies in the craft area, set up in the Seeds of Wonder Garden. We had missed this little children's garden completely on our LAST VISIT.
The girls loved seeing all the reptiles at the show, like the huge snake, and the blue-tongued skink.
Beautiful birds were awesome to see and touch too!
What fun all the kids had exploring and playing together!
And Audrey and Wyatt were adorable holding hands, and sharing a drink from the water fountain.

I used to raise silkworms from larvae (worms) to moths in my classroom... totally cool to watch. What a fun place to visit with all of those bugs.
ReplyDeleteThat said... EWWWW!!! I can't believe you ate one. I totally would have played the vegetarian card on that one. :)