Sunday December 5th we went to La Jolla to spend some time at the beach. We checked the tide schedule so we could go at low tide, drove up the coast, and found the perfect spot. We got out of the car to the smell of the sea and the sound of barking seals. This was Audrey's first time at the ocean and our first time since moving to San Diego. We were all so excited!
Seals were swimming all around and lying on the rocks. There were also divers in the water, and people all around doing just what we were there to do - explore.
Dominic and Audrey. Eliza wouldn't slow down to wait for them, so I was up ahead with her.
Eliza found this shell early on, and carried it with her the rest of the day. Dominic had it in his pocket by the time we got to the car.
So proudly showing off her treasure! The shell is now sitting on a high shelf in her room, "so Audrey can't get it!" Eliza's words, not mine.
Just Audrey with the waves crashing in behind her.
Dominic and the girls making their way across the rocks.
Anemones.
The girls loved it!
Audrey and I checking out some of the many, many hermit crabs in the tide pools.
Some of the hermit crabs and cool sea plants.
The girls and I. Yes that's a real seal and we really were that close. It was all alone there just hanging out. Most of the others kept their distance. We made our way past the Children's Pool where lots of seals were just hanging out on the beach. I was determined to find the beach I had been to in 1997 with my soccer team. I have a beautiful picture of the sunset there, and wanted to share it with Dom and the girls.
Eliza took this picture, with our big, heavy camera no less! We were standing on the beach from my picture, and though the sun didn't set for another hour, we were ready to head back.
This photo was actually an accidental shot that I took when handing the camera to Eliza.
Luckily, someone saw Eliza taking our picture and offered to take a family shot for us.
Eliza and Dominic heading up the stairs to go back to the car.
We got on the road and turned the heat up - man it was cold when that sun began to set! When we got to the mall, we changed the girls into warm, dry clothes (their 3rd outfits of the day) and headed in to eat. We stopped to see Santa, who was in a big igloo. Both of the girls did so great! No tears or worries, but Eliza was too shy (ha!) to tell him what she wants for Christmas. We had dinner at Ruby's Diner - delicious burgers and fries - then headed home after our great adventure. It was a perfect day!

No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!