Sunday started out as quite a lazy morning, lying around the house in our pj's just enjoying the time together. We got dressed and ran to the grocery store, and when we got back home, it was time for Audrey's nap - not a very eventful day. So we were determined to get outside and enjoy the sun as soon as Audrey woke up. We left the house again around 4:00 and headed to the Padre Dam. After all the rain we've been having, it was really flowing!
We found a spot that was close to the water, but cut off a bit from the rapids.
The girls were happy to just stand there and throw rocks in the water.
The rocks were plentiful, so we could have stayed in that spot for hours. Since Dominic had never been there though, we decided to explore a bit more before the park gates closed at 5.
We walked over the bridge and...
threw some more rocks into the river.
Audrey making sure Daddy was watching.
We checked out this fallen tree and let the girls climb under it before heading back.
Dom and the girls on the bridge.
The girls and I at the end of the bridge.
Audrey and Eliza...
racing along!
Audrey couldn't keep up with Eliza, so she just took her time and stayed with Daddy.
Eliza - with the dam in the background.
My pretty girls at the dam.
The rainwater was streaming across the trail towards the river here. The girls held Daddy's hands to walk across. I can't get enough pictures of these 3!
We headed back to the car, but were not ready to go home yet. So we went to the park to let the girls play before dinner.
Dom pushing Audrey on the big kid swing. She had been on it before, but Dom actually pushed her pretty high, as my heart stopped for a second. Slow down baby Audrey!
Audrey sliding.
Every time we go to this park, the girls pretend this is a bakery and make pies, cakes, etc.
Audrey was all smiles! Of course I took about 10 pictures of her in this moment because its usually so hard to capture those smiles from her.
Eliza trying to teach Audrey some letters.
There are 2 of these frogs that the girls love to "race" at this playground. No - they don't actually move except back and forth, not to mention they are facing each other.
The girls and I all went down the twisty slide together.
The sun was setting, so we decided to go home and start dinner. Dom played with the girls while I was cooking. For me, one of the happiest sounds in the world is my girls' laughter and, "Again Daddy, again!"
I made Acapulco Chicken for the first time. It was pretty simple and super yummy. Eliza even asked for seconds! Then we decided to have a fire in the fireplace. It was the perfect night for it!
The girls got their blankets and decided to lay on the floor in front of the fire, then up on the couch, then back to the floor... "I want to sit with Daddy, no I want to sit next to Daddy, ok I'll sit with Mommy, no I want to sit with Mommy..." We were half paying attention to The 83rd Annual Academy Awards, but mostly snuggling, tickling, and laughing together.
Our first fire in the fireplace on Gilbert Drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!