Tuesday February 1st, we drove up to LA to pick up my mom. Dad had flown in the night before so he could drive up with the girls and I. We met mom for lunch at the famous Pink's Hot Dog Stand that has been in Hollywood for 72 years.

Mom and the girls on the back patio at Pink's.
#15 Hollywood Walk of Fame
After lunch, we went to see the Walk of Fame since we were so close and it was something on my 30 things before 30 list. We parked near James Dean, Judy Garland and more, then walked up Hollywood Boulevard about 3 blocks just checking out all the stars. We crossed to the other side to walk back, and couldn't resist a cheesy souvenir shop with key chains, post cards and t-shirts. I bought the girls a pink star key chain - Audrey's has her name on it, but Eliza's just says "Rock Star." My mom bought one for me with my name too.
Me with James Dean
My mom took this shot of my dad, the girls, and I.
Next we headed over to the Santa Monica Pier. The girls and my dad had never been there before, and I had only been there once, about 5 years ago.
We were walking down the pier while the sun was setting.
Dad and Audrey
Eliza
Dad and Mom at the end of the pier.
The girls and I
Nana took Eliza on the ferris wheel for the first time. She loved it!
Eliza and Nana after their ride.
Audrey was able to ride this little choo choo train.
At the end of the day, we stopped over at Lupe's house to say hello before we drove back to San Diego. It was a nice visit and a chance for my parents to see her while they were in California. The girls both fell asleep on the way home after such a fun-filled day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!