Wednesday, February 2nd, I turned 30 years old. What better way to celebrate than to go to Temecula and visit some wineries.? This was #17 on my 30 by 30 list. It was a beautiful day and I spent it with the people I love most.
I had been told that Ponte was the place to go for sweeter wines, so we started there. Dom was meeting us as soon as he could leave work, so we walked around and checked it all out while we waited for him.
Surrounded by beautiful vineyards and mountains in the distance, how could you not have a wonderful day?
Eliza and I
Dad, Eliza, Audrey and I
Mom with the girls
Audrey
We sat down for lunch, ordered appetizers, and Dom arrived before they were served. Perfect timing!
Dom, Mom and Dad
Me with a delicious late harvest wine. Everything was so good, from the appetizers, to the gourmet pizzas, and of course the wine.
Dom, the girls and I in front of the tasting room and gift shop. We decided to check out another winery for a tasting since we had all tasted each others' wines at lunch, so we hopped back in the cars and just picked one that looked nice - we're real connoisseurs here. Ha!
We chose Mount Palomar. The outdoor patio was full of beautiful flowers and plants, fire pits and twinkle lights for nighttime, and just a great atmosphere.
This reminds me of Ireland, only there are kegs of beer outside all the pubs instead of barrels of wine.
Dominic, Me, Audrey and Dad
Dominic and Eliza
We tried 6 different wines and got to take home the glasses. We bought a couple of bottles and headed back outside to take more pictures before heading home. It was a Wednesday, so all the wineries close at 5. We had a good taste of lots of different wines, and the girls were really well behaved, so we didn't want to push our luck anyway.
Eliza pretending to be a statue.
Mom and Eliza
Mount Palomar was up on a hilltop - this was one of the views over some of the neighboring vineyards.
We drove home and had a relaxing night in. We had such a big lunch (not to mention late - like 3:00) that none of us were hungry for dinner.
It was a great birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!