We have been in Ohio a few days, and while everyone is working we decided to get out of the house for a hike today. Deep Lock Quarry is a great hike and not far from my parents' house. I can't remember the last time I was there, but have fond childhood memories of family hikes there.
The girls wasted no time checking out the giant millstones.
We went down to the deep lock, #18 on the Ohio-Erie canal. We explained to the girls a little bit about how boats used to come through there.
Of course, there were no trains or railroads at that time.
This tunnel under the railroad tracks made for lots of fun. They ran back and forth over and over screaming and listening to their echoes.
Audrey, can't believe she's almost 4!
Dom got this nice one of the girls and I. We were on the other side of the lock where the towpath runs.
Dom and the girls checking out the river and the bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!