Saturday, July 21, 2012

School's Out For Summer

We had quite a busy week as Eliza finished up her year as a Kindergartner.  I was just as excited as Eliza to participate in Field Day on Wednesday.  I volunteered to help with the Soccer Kicks activity - one of 15 different activities for the classes to enjoy.  There were obstacle courses, relay races, water balloons, wet sponge dodgeball, tug of war, and so many other fun things.  I didn't even get pictures because I was so busy the whole time.  At the end, the kids and adults alike were worn out!

Thursday, we went to see Eliza in the Kindergarten spelling bee.  She was selected as one of the top 5 in her class, along with her friend Ashlynn.


It started out with 15 kids, and Eliza did so great!  She was in the last 6, and missed the word Thursday (which was missed by 2 other kids as well).

Friday was the last day of school, and I volunteered again to help with the Kindergarten Games.  Basically another field day for just the Kindergartners.


This time, I helped with the bean bag toss, and I was able to snap a picture when Eliza came through.


After school we gave Mrs. Goforth hugs and took a picture with her too.  HERE is Eliza's first day of school and a picture with Mrs. Goforth then too.


At home, Audrey gave Eliza the flowers we picked out for her.  She also has her certificate from school that says she finished Kindergarten.


My beautiful First Grader!


We drove up to Daddy's office to have lunch with him.  We ate at Dino's Pizzeria and then Mamaloop took the girls with her to LA for the weekend.

Next - 6 weeks of summer break before school starts!  Time to fit in lots and lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!