Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Serious Daddy-Daughter Conversation



On the way to dinner tonight, we were stopped at a red light next to a motorcycle. Eliza was excited about it and we were just talking about it. Then she said when she grows up some more that she could ride one too. I told her she is never, ever allowed on a motorcycle.

So we got to the Texas Roadhouse and were getting our food. Dominic met us there from the office. Eliza told him about the motorcycle we saw, and that she is never, ever going to ride one. So of course he takes the opportunity to bring up another point...

He tells her she is never, ever allowed to kiss boys. Ha! She looked at him and said "What?" in a voice that was straight teenage attitude like 'excuse me, I don't think so.' It was hilarious! She had actually turned away for a moment when he said it, so she didn't hear him, but it didn't come out that way.

He repeated himself, and Eliza got a very confused look on her face and said, "but I just kiss my friend Logan." To which Dominic said, "not anymore." Eliza didn't like that answer either, so she told him she would just kiss Logan a little bit.

(And of course I was cracking up through all of it, but still remembered to get the camera out to capture it on film)


Of course she's always allowed to give Daddy kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!