Monday, May 24, 2010

Bahamas

We went for a long weekend to Nassau, Bahamas for Dominic's company R&R Trip. It was so beautiful there, and the weather was perfect! We got in late Thursday night (a day ahead of the rest of the company) and checked in to the Wyndham hotel for one night. There was a huge jacuzzi that we got to relax in for a while before calling it a night.



The next morning, we went to the Atlantis Resort, where the company had reserved our rooms for the weekend. It was amazing! The place was on Paradise Island, just over a bridge from Nassau. It was huge and gorgeous. We changed into our swimsuits and went to the water park. It was so cool. The "lazy" river was awesome! There were parts of it that had rapids and it led up to a cool water slide. There was no climbing stairs or anything, we just rode the tube up like a giant conveyor belt that allowed us to look out over the trees to the ocean. We did do one slide without the tube, which I hated. It was called The Abyss. It's completely dark all the way through, and just when I thought I was done, it kept going. I got so much water up my nose, but it ended up in a really cool cavern with fish swimming in aquariums in the sides of the cave.



Saturday we had to go to the meeting for the company, but it was worth sitting there for 5 hours to get to see Dominic get promoted. He did so great with his speech, even though he was pretty sick. He had finally caught the stomach bug that I had the whole week before. We took it pretty easy the rest of the day.


Sunday we got some shopping in back on Nassau before I left. Dominic stayed one extra night to see some of the guys in the company who were coming in Monday through Wednesday. After a nightmare with American Airlines, I finally made it home Monday morning at 9, just in time to say goodbye to my parents as they caught their flight home. I took the girls home and relaxed for a couple days before we started play dates and stuff again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!