Today we celebrated Audrey's 5th birthday! She has been doing ballet for two and a half years now, and loves it, so when I planted the idea of a Nutcracker Ballet party she was very excited.
The Birthday Girl in the photo booth.
Eliza, Audrey and the Sugar Plum Fairy (Dom's sister Vanessa).
Eliza
I couldn't be happier with how the cake turned out! It looked beautiful and tasted amazing!
Audrey requested chocolate and vanilla, so it is a marble cake with chocolate ganache connecting the layers. Thank goodness for good friends who can bake!
I had tons of fun looking for the perfect nutcrackers and decorations. This pink cupcake nutcracker is my favorite!
We had cheese, crackers meatballs, veggies and fruit to go with our cake too.
Table decorations. The table runner has gumdrops to represent the Land of Sweets.
"Melted Snowflakes" for the guests to drink - I used the blue snowflake tape to decorate all the water bottles too.
As soon as the first guests arrived, Audrey was ready to eat.
Once everyone finished eating, I read "The Nutcracker Ballet."
The Sugar Plum Fairy came all the way from the Land of Sweets to teach the kids some ballet!
She did such a great job! It was really impressive to see most of the kids paying attention and participating.
She showed them what to do and then they tried it, moving across the room.
Lots of fun for everyone!
They also acted out the story of the Nutcracker at the end. Audrey was Clara of course. It was so adorable!
When the dancing was finished, it was time for cake!
She eventually got all 5 candles blown out...
but one of them kept sparking and relighting. She loved it!
A giant piece of cake for the birthday girl!
twirling with my precious ballerina.
Nutcracker Adoption Station
All the kids got to pick out a nutcracker ornament to take home. They had to give him a name, and I wrote it on a tag with the date. Hopefully each year they will say hello to him when they decorate their Christmas trees. Audrey named hers Nico and Eliza named hers Chompers.
Audrey helped hand out the other favors too.
"Programs"
Coloring books with lots of fun pages - tracing, connect the dots, a maze to find the Nutcracker before the Mouse King...
These cute tins contained a bundle of crayons and some candy canes.
The invitations. (front and back)
My friend Christine came and set up the photo booth, and took all the pictures. It was so great, since I was busy hosting. Here's her page - https://www.facebook.com/ClicksbyChristine
I loved seeing some of this on facebook - what a CUTE idea! All of the little details are so awesome. You did a great job! And the 'adopt a nutcracker' favors! So precious!
ReplyDelete