Today was Pajama Day at Eliza's school. She was so excited for her friends to see her Jessie and Bullseye pj's from Uncle Richard.
It was also the end of a week of "minimum days," which meant school was over at 11:30 everyday for parent/teacher conferences. I had my meeting with Mrs. Goforth on Monday and it went great. Eliza has been doing really well. The grades are not A, B, C.... but more of an assessment of how she's doing in various categories. She is "Proficient" in writing, listening, speaking, history/social studies, earth sciences, some of the math categories, visual and performing arts, and physical education. She was graded "Basic" in reading and some of the other math categories.
It was also the end of a week of "minimum days," which meant school was over at 11:30 everyday for parent/teacher conferences. I had my meeting with Mrs. Goforth on Monday and it went great. Eliza has been doing really well. The grades are not A, B, C.... but more of an assessment of how she's doing in various categories. She is "Proficient" in writing, listening, speaking, history/social studies, earth sciences, some of the math categories, visual and performing arts, and physical education. She was graded "Basic" in reading and some of the other math categories.
I am so proud of her! I was astounded by her reading skills over Thanksgiving break. I know they've been working on all these word lists, color words, number words, etc... but watching and listening to her actually read was awesome! She still needs some prodding to sound things out instead of just asking us, but she's doing awesome! Her love of books and reading helps a lot too.
November Word List
in
on
am
here
this
up
be
my
had
little
Hooray for Eliza!!! And I love that she still loves Jesse! :)
ReplyDelete