Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mom's Morning

Friday morning I got to join Eliza in her preschool class for a "mom's morning."  It was so cute!  They planned an hour for the kids to spend with their moms and make it a special kick off to Mother's Day weekend.


Eliza and I in her classroom - not a great picture, but its the only one I got.


We started off planting seeds together.  The kids had painted the flower pots earlier in the week.  We each wrote our name on it - Mommy and Eliza, then Eliza put the soil in.  We sprinkled in some seeds and added more soil and the butterfly.  We waited until we got home to water the seeds.


Then we went out to the art studio to paint together.  We did this pretty dragonfly, and worked on a collaborative collage before heading back inside.

We did circle time next.  I didn't get anymore pictures since we were busy singing, reading, and exercising.  Mrs Lewis read the book "Mommy Doesn't Know My Name" by Suzanne Williams.  It was a cute story about a little girl and her mom who is always calling her pet names.  My favorite part of circle time was sharing a journal entry that the kids had done about why they loved their moms.  The kids drew pictures and told the teachers about them, and the teachers wrote down exactly what they said.  Eliza said "I love my mommy.  I like when she does my hair sometimes, but sometimes I don't, and sometimes I do.  I love when she gives me kisses."  It was adorable.  We also passed around a little box that we each had to put our favorite memory with our child into.  There are so many, but on such short notice, I had to go with the day Eliza was born and all the joy that she brought us.  The kids sang us a couple Mommy themed songs and gave us a picture of them holding a "Happy Mother's Day" sign.  It was only an hour, but we did a lot of cute things and had a memorable morning together.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea. Almost makes me wish the twins were in school. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!