Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eliza's Last Day of School (in Texas)

Today was Eliza's last day of school at St. John's Lutheran Preschool. She wore a dress of course, and her hot pink headband. I dropped her off in the morning as usual, but we took treats in to share with her class. Rice crispie treats, apple cider, and a Halloween kaleidoscope for each kid in the class. Later in the day, I was able to go back up to the school and take some pictures during the last couple hours. I got there just in time for music class...


Eliza loves the parachute! She always tells me the days that they get to play with it.


Then they did the chicken dance and some other songs, before it was time to go back to their classroom.


Eliza with her music teacher Miss Tyree.

 

They cut out bats and glued them onto a long strip of paper to make hats. Then they all wanted to wear them to stretch and grow class.


They did a lot of activities with balls.


Learning their muscles and bones. In the picture they are saying "O - bliques"


Eliza with her Stretch and Grow teacher Miss Kim (or Miss Cam as Eliza calls her).


At the end of the day, the kids all colored the letter R like a rainbow, and played with their kaleidoscopes. Eliza gave hugs to everyone and said goodbye - and that she would come back.


Eliza and Miss Lisa


We got a picture with Isabelle too! It's nice to have a picture of them on their first day, and on Eliza's last day.

There were no tears - well not about moving. Eliza won't soon forget her last day, because she did get a bloody nose on the playground. She was elbowed in the face when they were lining up to go inside. She was such a brave girl though, and was totally fine once they got her all cleaned up, and gave her some ice to hold there.

I was probably more sad about the day than Eliza was, but I know she will miss everyone there. She just doesn't quite understand that we are moving away. We all really loved her school. She was learning so much, and it made me so proud to hear her telling me about it. She knows so many muscles and bones, she talks about how God has really big hands to hold the whole world, she writes her name... and so much more. I know everything will work out when we move, but I am worried that none of the schools will be as good as St. John's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!