Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Trip to the Flower Fields

The girls and I drove up to Carlsbad today to meet some friends at the Carlsbad Flower Fields.  This was our first time, and it was so beautiful!  We took lots of pictures and had some fun with our friends.  The kids all got a little yellow "passport" that they had to fill with stamps at 8 different stations throughout the fields, so they had so much fun looking for the stations.


Eliza and Audrey in front of the Ranunculus... it went on and on and on.


Eliza


Caleb, Audrey and Eliza checking out the little fairy garden across from the playground area.
They all had fun at the playground, climbing in the little houses and going down the slides.


Then we went to check out the Sweet Pea Maze.


It was gorgeous!!! 


Caleb, Eliza, and Lincoln trying to find the way out.  It was a really good maze, unlike some we've been to, it was actually hard to get out.  The kids loved it!


Audrey


When we went up to the lookout point above the fields, one of my friends took a picture of the girls and I.


Pink!


Another taken by a friend for me.

After we found all the stations for the girls' passports, we took them to the mining attraction to mine for gemstones.


Audrey sifting, and pulling it out of the water to check...


Eliza sifted hers and didn't even get all the sand out before she started checking out her gemstones. 
The workers there, told the girls what each stone was and what it symbolized.

Next, we circled back around to get a few more pictures before heading home.


Audrey


More pretty pinks.

 


Eliza took one of Audrey and I.


And Audrey took one of Eliza and I.


Then one more of the two of them...

What a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!