My baby went to preschool today. We have been talking about it a LOT to get her prepared. I fully expected some tears - or at least apprehension. Nope. She was ready. She was the first one in the door when her teacher opened it, and she didn't even look back to see if I was coming in with her.
I followed her into the classroom, watched her as she hung up her backpack and went straight to the sink to wash her hands. Then she explored a little to see which toys she wanted to start with, choosing the big basket of trucks and cars. She moved on quickly to a light table with lots of cool geometric shapes.
I followed her into the classroom, watched her as she hung up her backpack and went straight to the sink to wash her hands. Then she explored a little to see which toys she wanted to start with, choosing the big basket of trucks and cars. She moved on quickly to a light table with lots of cool geometric shapes.
Once I realized she was totally fine and didn't need me there (tear), I talked her into putting the toys down so I could snap a picture with her teachers. She wasn't looking at the camera because she was planning her next move...
This play-doh like substance was calling her name. She sat down and got to it. I gave her a quick hug and kiss and told her I'd see her at lunch time.
I got to go grocery shopping all by myself, start some laundry, and enjoy my coffee in peace and quiet. Before long, it was time to go pick her up. I was a little early, and I spied in the window for a while. She was having fun singing and doing a silly dance with her new friends and teachers.
I talked with her on the way home about what she did, what her favorite part was, and so on. She said she colored in her journal, played outside - pedaled a bike, washed her hands, ate some yogurt, and did a silly dance. Her favorite part was coloring.
Then my sweet girl asked me what I did and what was my favorite part! I love her!
I got to go grocery shopping all by myself, start some laundry, and enjoy my coffee in peace and quiet. Before long, it was time to go pick her up. I was a little early, and I spied in the window for a while. She was having fun singing and doing a silly dance with her new friends and teachers.
I talked with her on the way home about what she did, what her favorite part was, and so on. She said she colored in her journal, played outside - pedaled a bike, washed her hands, ate some yogurt, and did a silly dance. Her favorite part was coloring.
Then my sweet girl asked me what I did and what was my favorite part! I love her!
Brought a tear to my eye reading this! Love you all.
ReplyDelete