These are the faces of a 3rd grader and a Kindergartner! I am so proud of these girls! They are both excited and ready for school to be back in session. This mom is not as excited for this new stage in my life - no more babies at home with me.
Eliza was so excited when we found out she got Mrs Bryant this year. All she talked about all summer was wanting to be in her class so she could be in the play Pignocchio, and dissect a squid! When she found out some of her closest friends are also in her class, that was just the icing on the cake.
After school she said her day was great, she saw lots of old friends and met some new ones as well.
Audrey, my last baby, went to Kindergarten today. We got to school early and sat in the lunch arbor with everyone else, waiting for the bell. When the bell rang, we walked Eliza to class and said goodbye, then I held Audrey's hand a little tighter as we headed towards her classroom. I was reluctant to let go, as she hung her backpack, and we got her lunch and snack out. We went in, found her name on her desk, and she sat down to write her name like the rest of her classmates. She was quick to find a square on the carpet to sit on next, and I was worried I wouldn't even get a proper goodbye. Her attention was on her teacher, Mrs. Bear, and her classmates all around her. Mrs. Bear addressed the class, and then directed all the parents to say their goodbyes, and head out. I gave Audrey a quick kiss and told her I'd see her at lunch time (since I work lunch/recess duty at the school), then I walked away leaving a piece of my heart behind. I felt like a lost puppy wandering around the courtyard outside. I found a couple mom friends, and was glad they were there when I got emotional, and broke into tears.
After school, Audrey was so excited to be one of the big kids, as they piled into my car for our carpool. She happily chatted about her day with all of us, and told us about her new friend Garrett, and the fun she had playing with her friend Josh too. Later, she told me her favorite part of the day was playing Bingo, and playing on the brand new playground. She said she tried the monkey bars all by herself, and can't wait to do it again.
I was not surprised at all, as the day wore on, and Audrey talked and talked tirelessly. Much the opposite of Eliza, who still gets a little cranky after a long day at school, Audrey has an unlimited amount of energy. She kept it up all the way until Daddy tucked her into bed for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THANKS FOR COMMENTING, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY WONDERFUL READERS!!!